Strasburg home totaled by Sunday fire
At approximately 4 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 13, Brent Kleinsasser of Strasburg and his sister who was visiting were awakened by his sister’s dog barking. They investigated and saw a glow as they approached the kitchen end of the house. The kitchen ceiling was on fire, and they called 9-1-1 and safely got out of the house. Responding were the Strasburg Fire Department, Strasburg First Responders, Linton Fire Department, Emmons County ALS Ambulance and the Emmons County Sheriff’s Office. Firefighters were on the scene until about 8 a.m. The house was a total loss, and at press time it was not known what, if anything, of the contents could be salvaged.
Return to top