www.ecrecord.com is up and running to bring news, ads
The Emmons County Record has launched its new website, according to Publisher Leah Burke.
Address for the site is www.ecrecord.com.
“We are excited to offer a complete website that will offer online access for anyone with Internet access and a computer, smartphone or tablet,” Burke said. “For a nominal subscription fee, people can read the Record online and keep up with the area’s events.”
Features of the site include:
• Accessibility by any computer with an Internet connection as well as smartphones and tablets.
• All features available to online subscribers for $38 per year (or by the day, week or month). Many features are available to the public.
• Opportunities for businesses to advertise.
• Free access to all ads from the newspaper. Ads appear on the website for the week they are in the paper.
• Free access to grocery, hardware and other inserts that are included in the Record (if available from the suppliers). This week’s Linton Food Center flier is on the website.
• Classified ads are online, and there are special links for job opportunities and housing because of the growing interest in the area.
• Store with books and other merchandise of interest.
• Free online access to public notices from county, cities and schools.
• Free links to other websites of interest, including area schools and communities.
• Credit cards accepted for print or online subscriptions, books/merchandise and classified ads.
• Subscribers have access to past issues, starting with January of 2013.
• Paid access is available for all archived issues in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
“People with smartphones or tablets will be able to check out ads when they are in a store or check the date and time of an upcoming event,” Burke said. “Our goal is for the site to be user friendly.”
Burke encourages people to visit the site and to offer comments and suggestions for improvements.
Advertising Manager Julie Brandner is available to work with businesses wishing to place ads on the website. She can be reached at 701-254- 4537 or firstname.lastname@example.org.